Step 1: Decide to Buy
The decision to purchase your first home is one of the largest and best choices you could ever make. After all, a home is the biggest, and most emotional investment most people will make in their lifetime. So, how do you know if it’s the right time to buy, for you?
There is never a wrong time to buy the right home. The key is finding the right deal, through due diligence and taking the time to carefully evaluate your financial ability to afford.
A home purchase is an important step that can provide many advantages. Therefore, purchasing your own home is a great investment that can deliver many financial benefits – ability to build equity, value appreciation, automatic tax benefits, and a savings plan – not to mention a new sense of accomplishment and pride!
Start looking at your options today. You don’t have to know everything. Our Home Solutions Representative is ready to help you through every step of the way.
Step 2: Hire the Right Person
This is your dream, and your agent is your advocate to help you make your dreams come true.
A Home Solution Representative will always:
- Educate you about the current market conditions real-time.
- Analyze and advise on what you want and what you need in your next home. Theres a difference in want tos and have tos.
- Co-ordinate and ensure the quality of work of other needed professionals throughout the process.
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria and budget.
- Aggressively Negotiate on your behalf to make certain that you get the best deal possible.
- Check and double-check paperwork and deadlines.
- Inform and discuss with you, and suggest solutions to solve everyday problems that will/may arise.
Step 3: Secure Best Financing Options
To make the financing process as painless as possible, your Home Solutions Representative will introduce you to the preferred financing consultant. This professional will work diligently with you and your agent to make sure the financial aspect of your home purchase is stress free.
What will our preferred financial consultant do for you?
- Review your current financials.
- Furthermore, discuss the different options available to you during the home purchasing process.
- Guide you to an appropriate affordable price point.
- Negotiate on your behalf to get you the best deal – price, interest rates, term for loan approval.
- Keep you informed and updated of the entire financial process throughout your purchase. As additional documentation may be required.
Step 4: Find Your Home
So you’ve met with our trusted advisors, and now you’re ready to begin your search. But how or where do you start? There are a lot of homes out there, and diving in without a guide can become overwhelming and confusing. Your Home Solutions Representative will help you more accurately identify homes that fit your criteria. The right home will meet all your important needs, and as many of your additional wants as possible.
Some questions you might ask yourself include:
- What amenities are important for you and your family?
- How much square footages do you need and why?
- Which is more critical: location or size?
- Would you be interested in a fixer-upper? Or new construction?
- How important is home value appreciation rate? Long term and short term?
- Is neighborhood stability/surroundings a priority?
- Is accessibility to main routes a necessity?
- What features are not negotiable in your new property?
You’ll learn as you look at homes, your priorities will probably adjust along the way, according to current market conditions.
Step 5: Make an Offer
Once you’ve found a home you love, the next step is deciding on a price. It’s important to remember that a home is an investment. Your Home Solutions Representative can give you information on other properties in the area/neighborhood to help you ensure you make an informed decision when it comes to value/price. Look to your Home Solutions Representative to explain and guide you through the offer negotiation process.
Some things to consider when deciding on the best price point are:
- List price – Start with the price point that the home is listed at. Add and subtract features existent and nonexistent.
- Market Analysis – Your agent will give you an idea of comparable home values that have recently sold in the neighborhood to help you decide if the price point is on par.
- Over/under Improvements – Your agent can give you a list of over/under improvements made to the home and help you determine its fair market value.
Step 6: Perform ALL Due Diligence
Your Home Solutions Representative will provide you with improvements and challenges within your selected home.
Knowing what work has and has not been done to your home is important information to have in the buying process. While updates can increase your home value, damages can take money out of your pocket, you have know the monetary advantage/disadvantages. Your main concern is the possibility of structural damage, which can come from water, shifting ground, natural disasters or simply poor construction. Often times, a problem appears to be big, but can be fixed with very little effort and not a huge budget.
Step 7: Close the Deal
Finally, Once you’ve determined a price point you’re comfortable with, you’re reaching the finish line! But, in order to ensure that you don’t put the property purchase at risk, you have a couple responsibilities that you’ll need to be very mindful of:
- Stay in control of your credit and finances – Do not make any large purchases during the entire home buying experience. It’s important to keep your financials steady throughout the process. Talk to your financial consultant for guidance, if you have any questions.
- Above all, keep in touch with your Home Solutions Representative and financial consultant. Consequently, It’s important to stay in constant communication with your agent and financial consultant during this entire process. Be sure to return all phone calls and complete paperwork promptly. Our Home Solutions team is here to help you!
Step 8: Protect Your Investment
Congratulations, and welcome home! It’s now your responsibility, and in your best financial interest, to protect your investment for years to come. As a result, performing routine maintenance on your home’s systems is always more affordable, than having to make big fixes later. Be sure to watch for signs of leaks, damage and accelerated wear and tear. Above all, just because the sale is complete, your relationship with your Home Solutions Representative doesn’t need to end!
Step 9: House warming party is on us! Let’s make a list of guests.
After the close, let’s get together and invite all your family and friends over to your new place. We will gladly assist with supporting all party festivities.
Step 10: Continued Support
Above all, after you buy your agent can still help you. Always providing information on the real estate market, finding contractors and repair services, and even tracking your home’s current value. You may even want to consider investing in real estate in the future.